We’re looking to add enthusiastic science writers to our team!
If you are a graduate student, postdoc, or upper-level undergraduate with passion for writing and science outreach and wish to contribute particle physics-related content, email us at [email protected] with:
- Your CV
- A draft of a proposed ParticleBite post
Why write for ParticleBites?
ParticeBites is part of the ScienceBites network of scientific reader’s digest blogs. As a ParticleBites writer, you will
- actively engage with current research by summarizing recent particle physics results
- connect with a global network of science communicators
- inspire the next generation of physicists
- collaborate with like-minded researchers to sharpen your writing and editing skills
- participate a series of exclusive ComSciCon workshops for early career scientists
- network with guest physicists and journalists through regular meet ups
- access to ParticleBites swag (stickers, mugs)
- gain professional recognition for your science writing.
How are authors selected?
Authors will be selected based on their academic and science communication backgrounds, and a sample ParticleBite blog post.
Post format and frequency
Authors are expected to write one post every month. A ParticleBites post summarizes a recent or classic research result from the arXiv to an undergraduate student audience. A typical post is between 500-1000 words, contains a figure from the paper, and a list of references where a student can learn more.
Different styles of posts are also welcome. ParticleBites is a platform for insights into life as an early career physicists, advice columns for students, particle physics conference summaries.
How do I apply?
Send your CV and sample post (in the above format) to [email protected].
2 Replies to “Write for Us”
I will submit my application
You are so awesome! I do not believe I have read anything like this before. So great to find another person with a few genuine thoughts on this issue. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that’s needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!